pwc

Re: [pwc] ARCOM's VIPER board EMBEDDED LINUX

To: Philips Webcam Linux Driver <>
Subject: Re: [pwc] ARCOM's VIPER board EMBEDDED LINUX
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:27:23 -0700
Andrew,
  Since I am using an embedded system, I would not be able to compile/build the
module directly, thus I would need to build the module on to a linux machine
then transfer/install the module to the embedded system.  Did you have to go
through a similiar process?  The problem I am now encountering is when I try to
build/create the module on my linux machine using the pwc-10.0.7a.tar.bz2.tar
and I received the following error message:

"
 pwc-10.0.7a]# make
make -C /lib/modules/2.4.20-8bigmem/build
SUBDIRS=/home/viper/pwc_10_0_7a/pwc-10.0.7a modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8'

The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.

make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8'
make: *** [default] Error 2
 pwc-10.0.7a]# make config
make: *** No rule to make target `config'.  Stop.
 pwc-10.0.7a]# 'make config'
bash: make config: command not found
"
As you can see I tried to "enable module support" but it didn't work.  What
would you or anyone suggest?  Any information will be appreciated.