Re: preamplifier for a ceramic sensor

Subject: Re: preamplifier for a ceramic sensor
From: naturalcontemplative
Date: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm ((PST))
Hi Gianni,

I use this "quick and dirty" piezo preamp designed by Francis Deck between =
my pickup and my LS-11 mic input. It's a  simple and inexpensive build if y=
ou can find one of his recommended JFETs. The preamp provides a few dB of g=
ain, and more importantly restores the low frequency response.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~fdeck/bass/quickand.pdf http://personalpages.=
tds.net/~fdeck/bass/quickand.pdf

Francis sells a version of this with a few bells and whistles (like a gain =
knob and a low cut filter) but they are not available outside the US and Ca=
nada. The DIY version linked above works very well in my experience.

Other similar circuits can be found by searching the web for "mint-box piez=
o buffer" like this one:

http://scotthelmke.com/Mint-box-buffer.html http://scotthelmke.com/Mint-box=
-buffer.html

I can only speak for the F. Deck version, but others give you options for t=
he JFET and the associated resistor values.

best regards,

John

John Crockett

Westminster, Vermont