Sound Traps for Wolverines

Subject: Sound Traps for Wolverines
From: "Jonathan Kawchuk" jonch070
Date: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am ((PST))
Hi Everyone!

I=92m working on a documentary about wolverine research up here in the Cand=
ian Rockies. We want to get some =91species=92 level recordings to suppleme=
nt our atmospheric ones.

The researchers have set up baited camera traps that they use to identify i=
ndividuals and gather fur samples for genetic profiling. The wolverine gets=
 up on its hind legs and we grab footage of its belly markings while it cho=
ws down.

I would love to get some really high quality audio of this meal (a la Chris=
 Watson zebra carcass). The traps are checked every 2 weeks to a months so =
we would have to leave the gear for that amount of time. I=92m dimly aware =
of the AudioMoth and Wildlife Acoustics gear, but I=92m not sure if the app=
lication or sound quality is broadcast worthy - or if they can be hacked or=
 modified to make it so.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on: