Re: Neumann USM 69i on field recording?

Subject: Re: Neumann USM 69i on field recording?
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:15 pm ((PDT))
In my time at National Public Radio in the US I know we used an SM69 for so=
me outdoor stereo documentary work, including Native American drum circles =
and rodeo ambiances, as well as a lot of indoor concert work. Some was done=
 in XY stereo and some was done in Mid-Side.

In Brazil, I=92d want to know how humid the recording locations would be. T=
he Neumann may not fare very well in high humidity situations. I tried to d=
o recordings in lowland Bolivia, just across the border from western Brazil=
, with a Neumann RSM190, and it failed with lots of pops and clicks due to =
the humidity. But our Sennheiser MKH30, 40, and 50 mics handled those same =
conditions just fine.

=97Flawn

> On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:08 PM,  wrote:

> 1. Neumann USM 69i on field recording?
>    Posted by: "Guilherme Martins"  <guil=
> guile_martins
>    Date: Fri Jun 8, 2018 11:22 am ((PDT))
>
> Hello people,I am a Brazilian field recordist and this is my first conver=
sation in this group.I use a Sanken CMS 7S, an m/s microphone, for most of =
my recordings. Now I would like to try the Neumann USM 69i, due to its low =
self noise. Has anyone here ever tried this microphone on field recordings?=
Cheers,Guile