Re: recording wind from top of the mountain or the bottom?

Subject: Re: recording wind from top of the mountain or the bottom?
From: "Stephen Vitiello" stephenvitiello
Date: Fri Oct 6, 2017 7:12 pm ((PDT))
thanks for the replies. Many years ago there was a discussion of recording
wind, and saved a note of recommendations from Bernie K that has proven
helpful many times *("Try to find a barbed wire fence =96 preferably an old=
er
one where the wires whistle =96 mount a stereopair of lavs (ECM55Bs, for
instance) in the grasses below the wire that whistles and you'll get the
effect of wonderfully pitched wind...")*
This wind I'm after at the moment has been described more like a freight
train. I've found bits and pieces of literature about the sound and when it
can occur, but the one person I met who lives in the region and has heard
it said January/February when it is really cold are my best bet. Will
report if I get something good.