[Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6885

To: "" <>
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6885
From: "" <>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 01:35:59 +0000
There are 4 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1.1. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    From: Jonas Gruska
1.2. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    From:  inetd_conf
1.3. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    From: Klas

2. recording for vitural reality
    From:  winyah

Messages
1.1. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    Posted by: "Jonas Gruska"  mrqwa
    Date: Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:58 am ((PDT))

Incredible. Thank you for this very educative read Klas!
Regards,
Jonas

✺ ✺ ✺
http://jonasgru.sk

On 4 Oct 2017, at 19:46, Klas  [naturerecordists]
wrote:

> Hi Gianni!
>
> Here is a link to my own "bible":
> http://www.froglogger.com/Documents/Parabolic.pdf
> (Thanks Frogloggers!)
> Sten Wahlström is a good friend of mine and has been very helpful
> during many years, especially when the first Telingas were released in
> 1981-85.
>
> Klas
>

> On 2017-10-04 09:53, Gianni Pavan
> [naturerecordists] wrote:
>>

>> great discussion ! is it possible to have some biblio references
>> about this "parabolic" topic ?
>>
>> Gianni Pavan
>>

>> Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
>> Università degli Studi di Pavia
>> Via Taramelli 24, 27100 Pavia
>> http://www.unipv.it/cibra
>> http://mammiferimarini.unipv.it

Messages in this topic (27)
1.2. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    Posted by:   inetd_conf
    Date: Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:12 am ((PDT))

Hear hear! Thanks for this link, Klas. I've got a couple of other references
for parabolic mics, including one you wrote regarding stereo parabolic mics.
But I'd never seen this one until now. This is a treasure trove of information.

 Cheers,

 Tom

Messages in this topic (27)
1.3. Re: Wildtronics a good product?
    Posted by: "Klas"  klasstrandberg
    Date: Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:00 pm ((PDT))

Thanks a lot, Tom and Jonas.

Sten Wahlström was one in a group of 5-6?? people most active with
wildlife recording .
Here is a paper.

http://sonicfield.org/2013/07/277/

Klas

  On 2017-10-05 19:12,  [naturerecordists] wrote:

> Hear hear! Thanks for this link, Klas. I've got a couple of other
> references for parabolic mics, including one you wrote regarding
> stereo parabolic mics. But I'd never seen this one until now. This is
> a treasure trove of information.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Messages in this topic (27)
2. recording for vitural reality
    Posted by:   winyah
    Date: Thu Oct 5, 2017 9:08 am ((PDT))

Hello everyone been a follower for a few years but never posted. I want to do
some recording for some surround sound/virtual reality and I need a microphone
to do this. I have literally hundreds of mics at my disposal but this is a new
direction for me. moct of my stuff is for live sound and the other stuff is
right fo outdoor recording. That said I have tons of parts for microphones from
preamps to capsuls and I have been hearing  of different places that have the
files to make a holder for mics and for capsules that can be made  in a 3 D
printer. I have access to the printer thru work and friends and I have testing
facitilities here at work I just need the file. If anyone has access to this
info please let me know and how much or where I could find it...I also have
access to all  AKG info if you have mics that need help....I have heard of a
holder designed for the small panasonic style capsules like you see in cell
phone the really small type...thanks for your help and I love the group just
need more time to go do it...Rick

Messages in this topic (1)

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional