Re: Sony PCM-M10 remote control technical information

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 remote control technical information
From: inetd_conf
Date: Tue Sep 5, 2017 12:37 am ((PDT))
>From the looks of the discussion you posted the link to, this would be pret=
ty straightforward to do on a 3.3V Arduino device. The tougher part, as is =
almost always the case, would lie in the user interface (buttons, USB, etc.=
) and packaging it in a way that makes it useful and robust in the field.

 Years ago I used a generic button pushing robotic finger to trip the shutt=
er on a camera for doing kite aerial photography. It amounted to a small se=
rvo with a rubber tip stuck on the servo horn. It worked fine, but the alig=
nment was a little finicky. If things got out of whack it would either crus=
h the shutter button or waggle around in the air not touching anything. As =
soon as I could, I switched over to an electronic cable release for my came=
ra. The best one I ever found was made by a fellow named James Gentles. His=
 cables all use an Atmel ATTiny chip to generate the signals. It's the same=
 architecture that's used in the Arduino controllers.

 Which, I guess, is a long-winded way of saying it'd be easier to do with t=
he Arduino than with the servo finger.

 Tom

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional