Re: Solar eclipse 21 August - Packsaddle Lake update GPS

Subject: Re: Solar eclipse 21 August - Packsaddle Lake update GPS
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am ((PDT))
Thanks. I think I=92ll be on a ridge about 80 miles west of there, but a te=
am is going to scout before we decide. There are some stands of conifers in=
 the canyons. Current plan is set up well away from the group the afternoon=
 before, record evening and dawn chorus, start my recorder again an hour be=
fore the eclipse, and then join the astronomers on the ridge with the hope =
of seeing the shadow cross the land.

Maybe I can meet up with Volker and Claudia the afternoon after the eclipse=
.

-Dan

rerecordists] <> wrote:

> I was a bit off on the GPS location the other day, Dan. Herewith correcte=
d: 43=B046=9213.03=94 N/11=B020=9223.37=94 W. That should get you right to =
the water=92s edge  if you choose to do the hike from the road. Sorry about=
 the misprint.

> BK

> Then be sure to go to a small lake (Packsaddle Lake - 43=B045=9241.64=94N=
/111=B020=9250.58=94W) at about 7800ft  in the hills above Driggs on the we=
stern side of the Tetons & Jackson Hole. Great coniferous habitat (altho I =
have no idea how rich the biophony will be in August). And you might meet u=
p with Volker Widmann, who=92s coming from Germany for the event and is pla=
nning to be there.

_natural_world?language=3Den <https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_v=
oice_of_the_natural_world?language=3Den>
>> On Jun 19, 2017, at 11:57 AM, Dan Dugan  <=
dugan.com> [naturerecordists] < <nat=
>> wrote:
>>

>>> If anyone is so inclined and in the path of the solar event on 21 Augus=
t, try to find a linked habitat where there might be some daytime biophony =
and record from the beginning of the event through to the end=85about 2 hrs=
 in total and continuously. It would be great to have some data on the effe=
ct on the natural soundscape from different sites.