Re: High frequency small speakers

Subject: Re: High frequency small speakers
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am ((PDT))
Found it, thank you Greg
http://www.avisoft.com/usg/vifa.htm

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse my spelling on this tiny keyboard.

 [naturerecordists] <> wrote:

> Martin:
>
> Parts Express has many kinds of speakers (and also tactile transducers) t=
hat could do the job.
> https://www.parts-express.com/
>
> Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building componen=
ts
> By Parts Express
> Speaker Parts, Woofers, Raw Speakers and other Audio Video products avail=
able at Parts Express who stocks, ships...

> I am not sure why you would need an 8 inch speaker for high-pitched sound=
s, or why it needs to be aluminum.
> Seems to me that most good small tweeters would be just fine for mouse sq=
ueaks and would faithfully reproduce the higher harmonics in the spectrum o=
f such vocalizations.

> 8 inch speakers tend to be used for low to mid frequency reproduction, bu=
t if it had an aluminum cone, that might help a bit.
> If you know what the lowest fundamental frequency of the mouse utterance =
is, then use that to select the type of midrange or tweeter you would need,=
 based on that lower cutoff frequency.

> A quick guess, based on the slim amount of info you gave, suggests this o=
ne:
> https://www.parts-express.com/hivi-b3n-3-aluminum-driver-round-frame--297=
-428

> $ 9.98=09
> "HiVi B3N 3" Aluminum Driver Round Frame" from www.parts-exp...
> HiVi B3N 3" Aluminum Driver Round Frame
>

> You can't beat the price, it has a wide response (check the data sheet) a=
nd its small size means that it would be easy to carry and conceal.
> It also just happens to have an aluminum alloy cone.  Try it!  I don't se=
e the need for an 8 inch driver.

> Of course, you will need a small power amp to drive it, but parts Express=
 has plenty of inexpensive amps that are light and run off of 12 to 24 volt=
s DC.

> If you need more detailed help, I would be glad to work with you on this =
project.
> Just let me know.
>

> Ciao,
> Gregory

e sounds emitted from a high frequency speaker that was about 8=94 in diame=
ter and made of aluminum (i think)
> I cannot find the supplier i bought the speaker from and i=92m wondering =
if any of you guys know a place where i can get something similar..