[Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6792

To: "" <>
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6792
From: "" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 01:24:47 +0000
There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. coral reefs recordings
    From: Yannick Dauby

2a. Re: New CD "Soundscapes From Malheur: A Gem in the Oregon High Deser
    From: Martyn Stewart

Messages
1. coral reefs recordings
    Posted by: "Yannick Dauby"  yannickdauby
    Date: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 am ((PDT))

Hello Nature Recordists,

I can't resist to share here a recent recording made in Penghu
archipelago, Taiwan of Damselfishes, Dascyllus trimaculatus.

http://soundcloud.com/kalerne/170421_dascyllus_trimaculatus

I would like to know if anyone here has ressources for coral fishes
sounds identification or have some similar recordings made in coral
reefs (except of the usual snapping shrimps). I'm currently starting a
collaborative sound project in Penghu for monitoring the corals.

Best,

Yannick

--

homepage : www.yannickdauby.net
projects : www.kalerne.net

Messages in this topic (1)
2a. Re: New CD "Soundscapes From Malheur: A Gem in the Oregon High Deser
    Posted by: "Martyn Stewart"  mijdog2000
    Date: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 pm ((PDT))

Been away in Europe and I listened to this while traveling back on the plane.
Beautiful piece of work and full credit to you in all aspects.

Well done, Dwight!

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart
www.naturesound.org <http://www.naturesound.org/>
http://www.bbc.com/earth/uk

Redmond  WA
425-898-0462

47.65420118705451
-121.98158740997314

Make every garden a wildlife habitat
**************************************
Listen to the Birds and the Bees at
https://soundcloud.com/martynstewart <http://naturesound.libsyn.org/>
View a Nature Recordists Blog!

http://naturesound.org/blog/ <http://naturesound.org/Blog/Blog.html>

Listen to my sounds on Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/ye2dw7p <http://tinyurl.com/ye2dw7p>

 P please consider the environment before printing this email

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 10:00 AM,  [naturerecordists]
> <> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just published my first CD of soundscapes-  "Soundscapes From Malheur: A
> Gem in the Oregon High Desert".
>
> Here's an album description with some samples:
>
> http://www.variedhush.com/p/soundscapes-from-malheur.html
> <http://www.variedhush.com/p/soundscapes-from-malheur.html>
>
> I've learned a lot from this group and I especially want to thank Martyn
> Stewart for sharing his expertise through his annual nature recording
> workshop in Seattle, Washington. It was so informative and enjoyable I went
> back the next year. Actually it's happening again next weekend April 28-30, I
> wish I could be there. If anyone reading this is considering going, do it!
>
> I also want to thank Dan Dugan for his post-production workshop offered
> through the Nature Sounds Society. Dan had all the answers to my
> post-production questions.
>
> Living in Portland, Oregon I've been fortunate to get to know fellow
> recordist John Hartog. It's nice to be able to meet and talk shop over a
> pint. Thanks John for all the advice.
>
> And thanks to Bernie for the inspiration to record soundscapes in the first
> place!
>
> Dwight Porter
> Portland, Oregon
>
> www.variedhush.com <http://www.variedhush.com/>