Re: Melodyne

Subject: Re: Melodyne
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:13 am ((PST))
Here=92s the link: http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne

Bernie Krause

erecordists] <> wrote:

> Been off line and not following events or discussions recently. Has anyon=
e on the list used Melodyne, a German-developed software? I=92ve just been =
experimenting with it. For those who might not be familiar with it, you can=
 take a very rich and complex soundscape (biophony), drag the sound file in=
to the program, which automatically separates, maps and tracks the individu=
al sources. You can then change the occurance or pitch of any component sou=
nd individually. It=92s really quite flexible and is the most intriguing pi=
ece of gear I=92ve seen in quite a while. They=92ve got a free, 30-day tria=
l which is worth checking out.

_natural_world?language=3Den <https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_v=
oice_of_the_natural_world?language=3Den>
>> On Feb 23, 2017, at 9:48 PM, Dan Dugan  <=
ugan.com> [naturerecordists] < <natu=
>> wrote:
>>

>> I use the big clothespin-type clamps for my field mics.
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>>> On Feb 22, 2017, at 11:31 AM, Scott Fraser  <mail=
to:> [naturerecordists] <=
.com <>> wrote:

>>> <<I'm looking at quick release options for microphones in the field. I =
tried
>>> the On Stage brand quick releases, they seem to work themselves loose a=
nd
>>> introduce noise to recordings.
>>> Sound Guys, Triad Orbit, or Ambient Quick Lock systems seem to be the b=
est
>>> options. Does anyone have any experience with these?>>
>>>
>>> I=92ve used the Atlas Sound LO-2B quick releases on all my stands & mic=
s in my pro studio for at least 35 years, & never had issues. It appears th=
e On Stage device is a clone of the Atlas, so you may not like this option.=
 However On Stage makes generally cheaper, crappier versions of everything =
that others do better. The stuff from the film industry, whilst looking ver=
y hardy, also looks needlessly expensive, given the task.