Re: Zoom H6

Subject: Re: Zoom H6
From: robin_parmar_sound
Date: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:07 am ((PST))
>From my limited experience with adaptive technologies, I would say that mos=
t of the smaller recorders will be too fiddly for unsighted users, but perh=
aps OK for partly sighted. that said, i can contribute a couple of opinions=
. I would love to hear more on this topic from those with greater experienc=
e.

I have it second-hand on Facebook that the Olympus LS-100 is usable by the =
blind. That has excellent pre-amps if you are using XLR, but unfortunately =
poor PIP input.

The Olympus LS-12 series has a Quick mode that might be perfect, since it a=
utomatically sets the levels based on a pre-record preview. In other words,=
 it measures the current ambiance and sets the levels to match. Reading met=
ers and setting record levels manually are not required. The PIP inputs on =
this model are suitable for most purposes. As a bonus the controls are larg=
er and less cluttered than on comparable models. The plastic casing is a bi=
t boxy and larger than the LS-10/11, but this might be an advantage in this=
 context.

I have minimal experience with the Zoom H6 though I own an F8. That's a muc=
h different unit however, designed for multichannel XLR recording. Perhaps =
more clearly specifying your needs will help.

-- Robin Parmar

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: