Re: Sound Walks and Streaming Audio

Subject: Re: Sound Walks and Streaming Audio
From: "michael trommer" trommer_michael
Date: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 pm ((PDT))
Ha =96 great quote!

FWIW, here's a seminal text about soundwalking by Hildegard
Westerkamp...might provide some inspiration:

http://www.sfu.ca/~westerka/writings%20page/articles%20pages/soundwalking.h=
tml

There's another text here in which Westerkamp discusses the idea of
combining soundwalks + radio:

https://soundwalkinginteractions.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/soundwalking-crea=
ting-moving-environmental-sound-narratives/

Despite my earlier comment, I do think it's interesting to listen to
recordings of soundwalks, but after the fact..searching for parallels and
differences between what was heard in situ and what's evoked by a recording
of the act.

Anyway =96 good luck with this!

--
http://michaeltrommer.com/ <http://michaeltrommer.blogspot.com/>