Quotes for sound book for ages 10-14

Subject: Quotes for sound book for ages 10-14
From: "Apsayre" apsayre
Date: Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:10 am ((PDT))
Dear Nature Recordists,

I=92ve been on the listserv many years and realize you usually cover tech.=

But I=92m in the final stages of writing a book (under contract for a tradi=
tional publisher) about the science and experience of sound for ages 10-14.=
 It=92s called the Noisiest Book Ever, sequel to my book, the Slowest Book =
Ever. It=92s kind of a buffet book: lots of quotes and short paragraphs abo=
ut acoustic science, about sound for monitoring, sound as a signal, sound a=
s a tool, the problems of noise, and so on. My purpose is to help kids in c=
lassrooms imagine sound and the possibilities for exploring it.

If any of you would like to share, I=92d love to hear from you about sound =
experiences/incidents that stand out in your mind.  Noisy, funny, problemat=
ic, surprising, humbling, scientifically intriguing, puzzling, challenging =
to gather . . whatever would intrigue/inspire.

Also, I am interested to hear from any of you about experiences using sound=
 to monitor the health of habitats/species.

Feel free to add anything else you want kids to know/try in the world of so=
und.

Let me know your name and any title you=92d like used when I quote you and =
website to credit you in acknowledgments.

Also open to suggestions for recommended cds, apps, materials websites, inc=
luding your own.
(Only if they are appropriate for school students in relatively conservativ=
e districts, i.e, sorry but nudity, cussing, and heavy duty politics will l=
ikely mean editors will cut them from my book, alas  :-(   )

Thanks, Bernie Krause, for all you do.

Thanks to all of you for gathering and sharing sound joy with others.

April

April Pulley Sayre
http://www.aprilsayre.com

Best In Snow  (Oct 11, 2016)

The Slowest Book Ever

Raindrops Roll *ALA Notable
Secrets of Sound: Studying the Calls of Whales, Elephants, and Birds.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: