Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11

Subject: Re: Continuous long tracks with Olympus LS11
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:02 pm ((PDT))
On my Olympus LS10, the creation date/time shows the END time of the
recording.

After transferring direct from LS10 to iMac computer, the date/time
for all files is shown in the folder window ('date modified') which
works for me because I then manually transcribe the recordings to see
if there is anything useful, and I note down those dates and times.  I
also periodically announce date and time, and place.

When I am saving useful sound files, I do this with a copy, and rename
directly via the file name, just species name and date.  All other
data is entered into a spreadsheet.

I know there are fancier and more techno ways to do it, but this
relatively simple way suits me just fine.

Vicki

On 01/09/2016, at 12:16 AM, Peter Shute
[naturerecordists] wrote:

> I agree, the original creation date/time is the start time, at least
> on the M10. I use Ztree to copy the files off the card to the
> computer, renaming at the same time to add that date time to the
> file name in a similar yyyymmddhhmmsss format.
>
> Then I delete them off the card when I'm happy it worked ok. I'm
> always cautious of getting the renaming wrong, because once they're
> copied, the true creation date stamp is lost.
>
> I announce the date and time at the start of the first track and the
> end of the last track as a double check.
>
> Peter Shute

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: