powering lavalier mics - previous post

Subject: powering lavalier mics - previous post
Date: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm ((PDT))
Since I wrote a request for information on powering lavalier mics this
morning I decided to give Senal a call.  They are part of the Gradus group
and I got a very quick, polite and authoritative response - from B&H.
First, the answer is that the LS10 has a plug in power feature and it works
just fine with the Senal CL6.  I put the mic in a wren's nest in a hanging
basket on my deck and I was pleased with the result.  The next step with
this rig will be to find a 3.5mm to 3.5mm M/F extension that will transmit
PIP to the mic.  The stuff I have, a cable from Radio Shack, does not get
it.  Secondly, in order for the mic to work with the SD722 on phantom power
I must have Senal's $50 adaptor.  That will supposedly give me the length I
want from mic to recorder of about 20 feet.  Thirdly, it is fairly obvious
there is very close relationship between B&H and Gradus. I would go so far
as to speculate that B&H owns the other company. The tech would not come ou=
and say so. That gives me a good deal more confidence in the Gradus line of
products, knowing B&H has skin in the game.

Russ Wigh

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: