Soundtracks - Call for memories

Subject: Soundtracks - Call for memories
From: zztijn
Date: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 am ((PDT))
Call for memories!=0D
 May I ask you for a recollection? My installation Soundtracks will be show=
n at the next edition of the Sounding City exhibition at Festival van Vlaan=
deren Kortrijk (Belgium) and for it I would need your help.=0D
 The installation Soundtracks is an archive of memories of sound. At the mo=
ment, the installation holds about a 1000 letters from all over the world i=
n about 15 different languages. The letters tell of memories of sounds that=
 were important to someone, that struck them or stayed with them. Soundtrac=
ks wants to research which kind of sounds get remembered, and how they are =
remembered. Why do we remember them? Can we hear those sounds again in our =
heads, or can we only remember the circumstances of the situation; the outl=
ines, the edges of the sound?=0D
 For it=92s next instalment, I want to expand the archive and that=92s why =
I would like to ask you =96 if you feel so inclined =96 to make a contribut=
ion to the archive. Send me a letter! To take a moment and try to find your=
 memory of a sound, a sound that was important to you. And I would want to =
ask you to describe the sound, to write down your memory, by hand, on paper=
 and mail it by post. You can find more information, and the address to sen=
d the letter to on the following page: http://stijndemeulenaere.be/soundtra=
cks.html http://stijndemeulenaere.be/soundtracks.html=0D
 I appreciate every letter I get enormously. Thank you in advance...=0D
 =0D
=0D
 kind regards=0D
 =0D