Re: bat recording - pettersson D240x

Subject: Re: bat recording - pettersson D240x
From: lamprophis1963
Date: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:43 am ((PDT))
Just a note along these lines.  I recently had the opportunity to try recor=
ding a bat(s), probably a Red Bat (Lasiurus borealis) flying low over a pon=
d hunting insects.  I tried to see what I could get using my Olympus LS-11 =
and a pair Micbooster's Clippy EM172 microphones.

 I was pleasantly surprised at the sound I got up into the low 40khz range =
with these microphones.  I had to decrease the pitch 90% to hear it of cour=
se, but I was able to catch it and it would be easy enough to get a stereo =
recording with this setup.

 Davy Crockett National Forest Bats https://soundcloud.com/sandboa/davy-cro=
ckett-national-forest-bats

 https://soundcloud.com/sandboa/davy-crockett-national-forest-bats

 Davy Crockett National Forest Bats https://soundcloud.com/sandboa/davy-cro=
ckett-national-forest-bats This is a recording made with a pair of EM-172 m=
icrophones of some bats (probably Lasiurus sp.) flying over a low pond at d=
usk. Actual bat calls were be...

 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/sandboa/davy-crockett-nation=
al-forest-bats
 Preview by Yahoo