Re: I need some help picking the right omni

Subject: Re: I need some help picking the right omni
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm ((PST))
> At this point I have my eyes on the Schoeps MK2s and the Sennheiser MKH80=
20's, both matched pairs. THe MK2s are only 1dB louder but the Sennheisers =
are more resistant to moist conditions and are more portable friendly due t=
o their smaller size. The thing is I can save about $850 as I have a pair o=
f Schoeps CMC 5U mic bodies, so I would only need to buy the MK2 capsules. =
Is it worth the extra $850 for the reasons mentioned? Is there more info on=
 the 8020s that outweigh the MK2s that will justify the extra cash I might =
need to spend? Are there another omnis out there that match the audio quali=
ty of these mics that I could look into? I'm willing to spend up to $3k.

The motion picture recordists I=92ve worked with choose Schoeps for the bes=
t sound, but carry Sennheiser MKH-series for humid situations.

I use MKH 8020s for my surround recordings, because I have the mics out all=
 night and humidity is expected. They are great. Another advantage of the 8=
020s is that they go well above the audible bandwidth. There are bats and i=
nsects up there.

-Dan

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional