Sony PCM 50 Freezing

Subject: Sony PCM 50 Freezing
From: "D Secomb" dsecomb2
Date: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:31 am ((PDT))
Hi all.
Over the last few months my Sony PCM50 have been freezing
withmonotonousness regularity. During a morning recording, it would at
times no function would work- it would freeze. Even when switch the
power off, it doesn't power down and switch off. The only way I found to
resume recording is to slip the battery's out, back in, switch on and
hopefully it doesn't happen again. At times it wouldn't switch on 1st
time. Thinking it maybe a power issue,  changing the set of rechargeable
batteries did improve it for a short time.  I have thought
re-installing  firmware maybe a solution.
Any suggestion to resolve it would greatly appreciated.

Cheers
David

-----
No virus found in this message.