EIN from Sound Devices 788

Subject: EIN from Sound Devices 788
From: "emil klotzsch" onomatopoetik
Date: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:09 am ((PDT))
hi,

Sound devices have not stated the Eqivalent Input Noise on the Specs site f=
rom the 788.
I asked them, and today they answered me =84looks like -126db=93.  (althoug=
h they did not say how they measuered, with how much ohm and filter yes or =
no)
i have to say, that surprised me.
the 702 has -130db EIN. That would mean the 788 is not as good regarding th=
e self noise, as compared to the 702-744 recorders..
can that really be?
anyone did a comparison here?

best
emil