1. Re: Weatherproofing Mics?

Subject: 1. Re: Weatherproofing Mics?
From: baraitsersmith
Date: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:26 am ((PDT))
Hi John and all=0D
 =0D
 At soundCamp we build live audio streamboxes with Raspberry Pi s, sometime=
s using the Primo capsules. I've also been thinking about waterproofing..=
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 One option might be to use or copy or adapt the proprietary waterproof win=
dshields listed here http://www.windtech.tv/New_Products.php http://www.win=
dtech.tv/New_Products.php It would be very useful to know if somebody knows=
 how to do the Carnauba water wicking treatment on the foam. I wonder if th=
is is the material used on the recording boxes by eg wildlfe acoustics http=
://www.wildlifeacoustics.com/products/song-meter-sm2-birds http://www.wildl=
ifeacoustics.com/products/song-meter-sm2-birds=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I used for a while a box from Sound Professionals which had a pair of ster=
eo omnis installed in opposite walls of an otter box. It was basic but gave=
 quite a good stereo image, with the box providing some separation. Wind pr=
oofing was limited. I reckon you could fit primos using a grommet such as t=
he ones from FEL and then cover with some waterproof foam. Or fit the capsu=
les in a housing and use the moulded windscreens. Maybe backed up with some=
 'hogs hair' air conditioner filter material hopefully not from hogs.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 bw=0D
 grant=0D