Re: Contact Microphones - transformers

Subject: Re: Contact Microphones - transformers
From: "Keith Smith" smith9e499
Date: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am ((PST))
David, thanks once again.

"The transformer impedance ratio is the square of the turns ratio. Guess
that's all you wanted to know. :-) "

Perhaps, but I most look forward to the pearls of wisdom that are usually
included.
I'm printing that one :)

During my hiatus from posting much here, I've acquired most of the gear I'd
need to play with this. (I can see a resistance decade box would be a
worthy new addition).
I'm just cogitating on a suitable way to excite the Piezo in some
near-calibrated fashion - have function and pink noise generators.

Presumably the electrical properties will vary with a change in the
substrate it's attached to and the evenness (lack of induced stresses) of
the attachment, not to mention the substrate will have it's own acoustic
properties.
It gets to being a quagmire very quickly!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM,  [naturerecordists] <

--
Keith Smith - KeithSmith.ca_Freelance Guitarist & Location Recording Servic=
<http://www.keithsmith.ca>