Re: The Fireworks display - in Portugal

Subject: Re: The Fireworks display - in Portugal
From: madl74
Date: Mon Jan 5, 2015 9:54 am ((PST))
> Thank you very much for this information. the recording from Portugal is=

> very unnatural. The sounds are too much processed.

Arnthor,

Agreed, but when I tried to put the "pitch shift" back, I discovered it was=

a speed shift instead, and indeed the music was partially restored.
Manipulating the speed to disguise the background sounds is "throwing out
the baby with the bathwater".

Basically it was too far away for the crackles of the fireworks to come
through, whatever the shift in pitch or speed. Air absorption with distance=

had cut the HF. Also I didn't get a good stereo image even after any
reprocessing - I think the mic objective width was just too wide for the
distance and echoes, such as a M/S array with over 180 degrees width.

David Brinicombe