Re: new international society for ecoacoustics (ISE)

Subject: Re: new international society for ecoacoustics (ISE)
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:57 am ((PST))
Gianni,

Thank you for sharing this. Is Ecoacoustics the same as Soundscape
Ecology? What are the similarities and differences? Reading the
website, Ecoacoustics sounds like what I call Soundscape Ecology (I'm
beginning to prepare a grant request and that is the language I am
using). I want to use the language that will be best understood, but
it's getting a bit confusing. We have Acoustic Ecology, Soundscape
Ecology, and now Ecoacoustics (others?). Would anyone like to explain
the distinctions? OR does it not really matter?

many thanks,

John Crockett