Re: interesting Rode stereo mic

Subject: Re: interesting Rode stereo mic
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 am ((PST))
Hi Dan!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is that good.
However, Rode is kind of tricky.
A friend of mine had a very nice microphone to his video camera,
called "Rode SVM". It was out of aluminium and had a low noise level
and nice sound coloring.
When I bought the "R=C3=B6de SVM" I got a very different mic out of
plastic and a sound color which was not at all impressive.

Klas.

At 17:36 2014-11-07, you wrote:
>What interests me about this XY stereo mic, the Stereo VideoMic X,
>
>http://www.rodemic.com/microphones/stereovideomicx
>
>is the self-noise specification 12 DBA. If true, that's extraordinary.
>
>I note it has both balanced and 3.5mm outputs, but doesn't use PIP,
>it uses a 9V battery or 48V phantom power.
>
>-Dan
>
>------------------------------------
>Posted by: Dan Dugan <>
>
>"While a picture is worth a thousand words, a
>sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause.

>Yahoo Groups Links

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01