Sources technical advice for beginners

Subject: Sources technical advice for beginners
From: chrishails50
Date: Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:48 pm ((PDT))
Reading the posts on books and wikis etc, plus recent requests for help, I =
was reminded of all the work Rob Danielson did several years ago to help be=
ginners. I just found an old message of his from 2010 which provides the li=
nk to an FAQ google doc that he set up with lots of good technical informat=
ion, PLUS the link to the archive system for the group posts where with key=
 words you can find all that this group has written - a formidable source o=
f knowledge. As Bernie just said some of this changes by the hour, but a lo=
t still valid.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Here's an extract from an old Rob message and the links still worked for m=
e just now:=0D
 =0D
There's some good overview info in our FAQ and a=0D
 >> section https://docs.google.com/View?id=3Ddcvd49w8_23fbw2vqg2 https://d=
ocs.google.com/View?id=3Ddcvd49w8_23fbw2vqg2 that has=0D
 >> helped us streamline help in the past: http://tinyurl.com/247qscv http:=
//tinyurl.com/247qscv .=0D
 >> There's an on-line archive of list posts that is great for searching=0D
 >> model numbers to get more background: http://tinyurl.com/2drkc8j http:/=
/tinyurl.com/2drkc8j=0D
 =0D
=0D