Sennheiser ME-66 high frequency noise

Subject: Sennheiser ME-66 high frequency noise
From: lamprophis1963
Date: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 pm ((PDT))
=0D
 Hey all,=0D
 =0D
 I posted here a few months back about accidentally capturing some high fre=
quency bat pulses with my inexpensive Studio Concepts microphones.   Well I=
 was out this evening recording some insects and I thought I might try and =
compare the ability of my Sennheiser ME-66 to capture bats in comparison.  =
There were a few bats flying over, but I didn't manage to get any ultrasoun=
d recorded with the Sennheiser nor my Studio Concepts mics.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 However, when I pulled up the file in Audacity, I was surprised to see a v=
ery "loud" and narrow band on the spectrogram for the Sennheiser right arou=
d 39.2 KHz and another distinct band at 78.4 KHz.  These were not present i=
n the recording on the other mic which was recording simultaneously into an=
other channel.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I have saved a copy of the plot of the spectrogram from audacity and you c=
an clearly see the 39K and 78K spikes.  - http://m3.i.pbase.com/g9/15/91511=
5/2/157978583.HGw2QuBi.jpg http://m3.i.pbase.com/g9/15/915115/2/157978583.H=
Gw2QuBi.jpg=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 http://m3.i.pbase.com/g9/15/915115/2/157978583.HGw2QuBi.... http://m3.i.pb=
ase.com/g9/15/915115/2/157978583.HGw2QuBi.jpg =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on m3.i.pbase.com http://m3.i.pbase.com/g9/15/915115/2/157978583.HGw2=
QuBi.jpg =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 What on earth is going on here?  Is this HF internal tone being generated =
by the microphone?  (It must be since the other mic didn't have it).=0D
 =0D
=0D
 TIA,=0D
 =0D