Re: [Bioacoustic-monitoring] annotation/labeling of wav files

Subject: Re: [Bioacoustic-monitoring] annotation/labeling of wav files
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 am ((PDT))
dear all thanks for all the valuable input you gave me.
so far this is the list of program that have been proposed:

Sonic Visualizer, free, multiplatform
Acousmograph, free?, multiplatform
Praat, free, multiplatform
Raven, multiplatform
Audition, mac/win (free only for win, old version but still great)
AmadeusPro, multiplatform
XBAT, for matlab
Triton / Triton Logger, for matlab
Audacity, free, multi platform

I have to work on soundscapes and thus I need to label multiple, sometime
overlapping, frequency-time regions of the spectrogram.
I'll test all these for their labeling/annotation capability and I'll post
my results.

thanks again
Gianni

> Hi Marco,
> I agree, Praat is an incredibly versatile program and should allow Gianni
> to do just what he was hoping to do. Plus I love its sonograms.
> And it's available on PCs and Macs.
> Charlie
>
> On 9/29/2014 12:18 PM, Marco Gamba wrote:
>
>> Hello Gianni,
>> You should try Praat (praat.org <http://praat.org>).
>> Praat textgrids are exactly doing what you are looking for and they can
>> be stored (and manipulated) as text files separately.
>> However, you should probably avoid working on very long files.
>> If I can help with more, please do not hesitate to ask.
>> Cheers
>> Marco
>>
>> */Marco Gamba, PhD/*
>> */Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita e Biologia dei Sistemi - Life
>> Sciences and Systems Biology/*
>> */Via Accademia Albertina, 13/*
>> */10123 Torino, Italia/*
>> */mail:  <>
>> */tel: (+39) 011-670-4560/4559/*
>>

>> On 29 Sep 2014, at 17:43, < <mailto:
h>>

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=C3=A0 degli Studi di Pavia