Replacing a Telinga 4 battery

Subject: Replacing a Telinga 4 battery
From: "David Shepherd" d_noised
Date: Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:13 am ((PDT))
HI all,

I hope someone can provide me with a bit of help. About six years ago I  bo=
ught a Telinga 4, I have made some beautiful recordings around the world wi=
th it.  I spent the last month in New Zealand and I took my Telinga in anti=
cipation of recording the beautiful bell bird in Fiordland. Unfortunately t=
he customs officer when checking all of my equipment must have turned on th=
e phantom power. I didn't notice until two weeks later when I finally arriv=
ed in Fiordland only to discover it no longer worked.  Using a nine volt ba=
ttery all I get a click from the switch when turning the switch on or off a=
nd that is it.

I am hoping that the battery is the only thing that needs replacing, and ho=
pe that someone can tell me how to go about that.

Many thanks in advance

David