Re: opinions Roland R26 or Tascam DR 680

Subject: Re: opinions Roland R26 or Tascam DR 680
From: "Chad Clifford" =
il.com
Date: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 pm ((PDT))

Great thanks Tim,

Slightly better preamps is attractive as I will mostly do soundscape ambian=
ce recordings=97not using internal mics.

But otherwise, I do like the size and PIP input that the R26 offers. and if=
 the preamps are close=97perhaps the R26 is the way to go.

{one bit of uncertainty:  I just realized  that my 1/8=94 electret mic conn=
ectors thru a 1/4=94 adaptor also works in the 3 pin/1/4=94 combo inputs of=
 my Zoom with the phantom power turned off in the recorder=97so I am sort o=
f assuming (hoping) I can have the 680 also work with my electret mics in t=
his manner too --without a PIP input. Is there a reason why this would not =
work?} .

Chad

On Jul 17, 2014, at 7:45 AM, 'Tim Bartlett'  [nat=
urerecordists] <> wrote:

> Hey Chad - we have both these units, what do you want to know? :-)
>
> They are different sorts of recorders really. The R26 is a handy recorder=
,
> with its built in mics, whilst obviously the 680 has no mics. So...do you
> need internal mics?
> Fwiw, the R26 internal mics are decent, but not as good as the Sony D50.
> The R26 is a super flexible unit having internal mics (Omni and XY) and X=
LR