Re: Recording Dolphins

Subject: Re: Recording Dolphins
From: "Robb Nichols" robb_nichols
Date: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 am ((PDT))
I didn't necessarily have anything in mind that you should build.
You could certainly take an small, low-cost recorder, such as the
Zoom H1 and pair that with the Aquarian Audio PA2 to make a
recording device that is small enough to attach to a cetacean.
Of     course, you'd have to design a waterproof case and mount
for it.      You could shrink it down to a small fraction of that
size using     board-level components, but that could be some
major engineering.

If you (or anyone) would like more info on my Reson 4013, please
contact me off-list.  I have not used this hydrophone, since it
calibration, but I could send a quick recording from it as an
auditory test and could send the USRD calibration memo.

Wed         Jul 9, 2014 11:29 am (PDT) . Posted by:
fxblaignan
<=Re%3A%20Recording%20Dolphins\
>                  you are right but i'm trying to understand the
possibilities and     limitation of the recording situation. I've
only done underwater     recording for movie projects so far and
for that any coloration is     welcome . The preamp i'm planning
on using is a Reson VP1000. When     you said build a recording
device what did you have in mind ? i'm     interested in getting
a second hydrophone and i would consider yours     but i'm
wondering if you tried it and if it works well within its
limited response.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: