Re: Questions about Telinga Universal MK2 with cardioid (MKH 8040)

Subject: Re: Questions about Telinga Universal MK2 with cardioid (MKH 8040)
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:57 am ((PDT))
The Classic way to use a parabol is with an omni.
It gives the lowest wind and handling noise and it was difficult to
use the long MKH 40 sticking out of the dish, making everything worse.
It's much better with the MKH 8040 and we just recently modified our
Universals to fit such small mic's. Best choice is to use a adaptor
with a 90 degree angeled XLR.

The amplification of the dish is soooo much more than what the mic
might pick up from the hole in the dish. If you want to feel on the
safe side, it's easy to fill the hole with a piece of cloth or foam.

As you probably know, for the clients who want mono, - the "Telinga
way" is to have both a omni and a cardioid inside the foam, going
into the same connection. It's very light-weight and practical and
you get two different tracks and can select the best one in post
production, or even mix them.
Self noise is not as good as with a MKH 8040, though.

Klas.

website: www.telinga.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional