Re: An interactive Google map of LIVE Wild Soundscape feeds all ove

Subject: Re: An interactive Google map of LIVE Wild Soundscape feeds all ove
From: "John Burchard" tepegawra
Date: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:59 pm ((PDT))
 [naturerecordists] wrote:

> Klas, David, Mike and all,
>
> As I understand it, based on the general gathering of info around the
> 'conspiracy-theories' forums on the net, The United Nations already
> has a very active and forceful program running to re-wild large areas
> of the planet which includes hefty limitations on the 'liberties' of
> humans - hence the great interest in it by conspiracy theorists.
>
> There is some disagreement about what it's correct title is but it
> goes by the name of "Agenda 21" and a search will bring up plenty of
> material to read about it.
>
> I'm in 2 minds about it myself. I like the general idea of re-wilding
> large areas but I'm a bit worried that political opportunists will
> use it nefariously as cover for a more sinister intent.

AFAIK "Agenda 21" (a favorite hate target of so-called "conservatives" in t=
he
U.S.) is supposed to be about sustainability and based on local rather than=

national or international decision-making.

The conspiracy theorists have made a monster of it, but I don't think that'=
s the
intention, or even the purpose of the "shady" (????) folks behind it.

Years ago I spent some time doing what might have been called "fisheries
extension work" in Nigerian villages.  It's amazing what can be accomplishe=
d by
local initiative, provided governments (authoritarian or otherwise) don't g=
et
too deeply involved.  Support works; manipulation often does not (and doesn=
't
deserve to, but that's another, er, chant <G>).

John
---
John E. Burchard, Ph.D.
Tepe Gawra Salukis

http://saluqi.home.netcom.com/

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protec=
tion is active.