Re: Dialogic Form & bats

Subject: Re: Dialogic Form & bats
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun May 18, 2014 1:20 am ((PDT))
Same error on the main page. Is it working for you? Maybe it's detecting my
ipad and doing something different for me.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

On 18 May 2014, at 11:26 am, "CHAD CLIFFORD
<>
[naturerecordists]"
<<>>
wrote:

Peter, if that link does not work try the main site
http://www.wildlifeacoustics.com and then look under products and it will be
there.

Thanks again,
Chad

On 2014-05-17, at 4:10 PM, <>
[naturerecordists] wrote:

> Otherwise, I have been interested in the EchoMeterTouch that plugs into an
> iPad or phone etc. for viewing and listening abilities. Any ideas about this
> product?--I don't believe it has been out long.
> (http://www.wildlifeacoustics.com/products/echo-meter-touch) .

Chad,

There are several hi-tech devices out now like the Songmeter which has
become popular for serious bat work, but there is still a place for a cheap
heterodyne detector with a knob on the side, which you can drop, stuff in a
pocket wet, and above all, hear the bats in real time without fiddling with
touchscreens.

I had a look at the demo video on the site:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/xk8Fx9xqMi4
and it doesn't look very robust, hanging on by a USB connector.

I think I'll stick with my trusty Batbox Duet (HD plus FD) for stumbling
through wet woods in the dark.

David Brinicombe