Re: Message quoting problems, now hard to identify senders

Subject: Re: Message quoting problems, now hard to identify senders
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun May 11, 2014 11:29 pm ((PDT))
I'm also finding it hard to tell who sent each message on my iPad. It just =
says they were all sent by <naturere=
>. This is terrible, I will now have to judge each =
message on its merits if I don't know who wrote it.=0D
=0D
At least on the iPad it seems to be able to list the sender properly when I=
 quote messages.=0D
=0D
I can see what they've done now. They've inserted the sender name and addre=
ss into the display name part of the group email address - see my details i=
n the header of the quoted message below. It looks like mail programs have =
varying success with this.=0D
=0D
It's all to do with the message about DMARC that has appeared in the footer=
 of all the messages recently. I didn't notice it before.=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D
Sent from my iPad=0D
=0D
On 12 May 2014, at 3:04 pm, "Peter Shute <=
w.org.au> [naturerecordists]" <<natu=
>> wrote:=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
When I used to reply to messages in this list via Outlook, it quoted the or=
iginal sender's address at the top of the quoted material. For messages sin=
ce the weekend, it doesn't do this, it just says the quoted message was "Fr=
om: <=
m> ".=0D
=0D
It's working ok for messages I've still got from before that.=0D
=0D
I can see this causing confusion about who said what. I can see that others=
 aren't having this problem. Is it Outlook at fault, or something about my =
configuration of it?=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D