2. Re: Small Recorder

Subject: 2. Re: Small Recorder
From: m_pesente
Date: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:49 pm ((PDT))
Hi Gianni,
the signal with "my" Sony D50 and 3+3 EM 172 is lower of about 9dB compared to
2+2 EM172, see here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERECODISTS_19APRILE2014/d50_2capsule_vs_3capsule.WAV

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERECODISTS_19APRILE2014/d50_2capsule_vs_3capsule.WAV

with Sony M10, Roland R05 and Olympus LS5 the signal with 2+2 and 3+3 EM172 is
more or less at the same intensity, see here for Roland R05:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERECODISTS_19APRILE2014/R05_2capsule_vs_3capsule.WAV

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERECODISTS_19APRILE2014/R05_2capsule_vs_3capsule.WAV

A curiosity: for both files we can hear how the sound that we get with 3+3
capsules gives a warmer sound, more rounded than 2+2 caps (better after having
increased by +9 dB for the last three beats 3+3 caps of D50), I do not know how
else to describe it!
The capsules are placed in the same way: PZM with a circular baffle, then
placed in a Telinga dish, so placed in the same way, but with a very different
sound resulting.

I'm not a skilled micbuilder, so please consider only the part of the signal
intensity as reliable; the sound quality of 2+2 Vs. 3+3 it deserves a more
professional approach than mine!

Marco

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional