Re: Small Recorder

Subject: Re: Small Recorder
From: "peter" quies_still
Date: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm ((PDT))
Hi Martin

I never said the Sony D50=92s pre-amp are better than the SD=92s. I made th=
at statement about the AETA Mixy=92s pre-amps.
Just google around and you will see that almost everyone rates the AETA=92s=
 preamps over the SD=92s.

When it comes to personal experience, I can share this: I went to China a c=
ouple of weeks ago for a new recording project and because I wanted to do m=
ultitrack recordings I rented an SD 664. I also took my D50-Mixy set-up and=
 was using both while there. I can honestly say that there=92s no sound qua=
lity difference between the Mixy and the SD 664. Moreover, the SD is a beas=
t that weighs a ton and after a day of walking around with it slung over my=
 shoulder, my back and shoulders were aching for my light Mixy-D50 setup.
I will use the SD again in the future, no doubt about it. It=92s a great ma=
chine. But when you want high quality and portability, my Mixy - D50 setup =
equals it.

Also, don=92t forget the Mixy costs as much or more than a SD 702, so no wo=
nder it=92s high quality.

Peter

On 15 Apr 2014, at 9:52 am, <> <> w=
rote:

> John, here a recording I made using 3+3 EM172 parallel connected PIP on R=
oland R05. https://v2-staging-nickf.soundcloud.com/marco-pesente/soundscape=
-with-telinga-dish Marco Pesente