Re: preamp for sony pcm-m10

Subject: Re: preamp for sony pcm-m10
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:03 am ((PDT))
Jacek,

This is beyond your $300.00 US budget, but I've had good results for the last
few years from a Sound Devices MixPre feeding the line input of a Sony PCM-M10:

http://tinyurl.com/bvsj77f

Here's a sample -- AT3032 mics set in a head-spaced "winged" stereo array >
MixPre > PCM-M10:

http://minnesotasoundscapes.com/soundblog/x101010_0245-barred_owl.mp3

But with the incredible price we saw here a few days ago on the Tascam DR-680,
I'd be tempted to consider that option:

http://tinyurl.com/y4opbr3

Your recordings seem nice and clean as they are. For the type of work you're
doing, maybe a parabola is a better direction to go.

Curt Olson
MinnesotaSouncscapes.com