Re: Please post this to the group

Subject: Re: Please post this to the group
From: jonch070
Date: Sun Mar 2, 2014 8:47 am ((PST))
Hi John and whoever else may want to chime in, =0D
=0D
 I would be using the M10 rig for all kinds of things but mostly stealth bi=
naural nature recordings. I would be putting them above my ears in a headba=
nd and wearing it while I travel and hike so when I hear something il be re=
ady to go.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 The two main things I would be recording are atmospheric and habitat recor=
dings (ambient forest noise), As well as balloon pops and sine sweeps for i=
mpulse responses (which I hope the EM172s frequency range goes low enough f=
or). =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Would this rig do the trick? It seems that other rigs are too large for su=
ch portability (anything that isn't a lag, the Fr2le, even the ls100) or to=
o expensive (SD 702, DPA 4060) if I were to take them traveling in less tha=
n safe areas of the world. Of course cheap and portable means nothing if th=
e recording is unusable.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Thanks!=0D