Re: better recorder or better microphone-dilemma

Subject: Re: better recorder or better microphone-dilemma
From: naturalcontemplative
Date: Mon Oct 7, 2013 11:49 am ((PDT))
Hi Jacek

Just make certain you purchase the correct cable for attaching
the Mic balanced XLR to the PCM-M10 unbalanced 3.5mm jack. If you
get the wrong one, the XLR 2(+) and 3(-)  signals will cancel
each other. You need what is called a "dual mono" cable, which
grounds XLR pin 3(-) and ties pin 2(+) to both the tip and the
ring on the 3.5mm plug, thus sending the (+) signal to both left
and right channels on the recorder.

The Hosa XVM-102F is an example of a dual mono adapter cable.

What you do NOT want is something like the Hosa XVS-102F, which
is intended for certain stereo microphones that carry one channel
on pin 2 and the other on pin 3. The cables look identical, so it
can be confusing.

John

---In
<> wrote:

I decide to buy a sony pcm m-10 and sennheiser me66/k6. In future
I'll change recorder for more advanced propably. I know that sony
is without xlr but many people use this recorder and have great
results. I've heared that sony have low self noise, 5s pre
recording buffer  is also good addition