Re: Recording levels or Where to find quiet.

Subject: Re: Recording levels or Where to find quiet.
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Thu Aug 8, 2013 4:39 pm ((PDT))
I have a similar complaint, but not exactly that it doesn't sound real. I d=
islike the low rumble of a jet more than, say, a distant car horn, because =
if I give a part of that recording to someone to listen to then I have to e=
xplain that it's a jet. Unless they listen to a long section where the rumb=
le increases from nothing, they may not realise what it is, and may think i=
t's just a very low quality recording.

I suppose it's the duration of the noise as well as the slowly changing nat=
ure of it that's causes this problem.

I've considered introducing a track with obvious samples of this type of no=
ise to alert the listener to their presence, rather than letting them disco=
ver them for themselves.

Peter Shute