Pre Dawn Soundscape in Royal NP, Australia - Powerful Owl & Bassian

Subject: Pre Dawn Soundscape in Royal NP, Australia - Powerful Owl & Bassian
From: "wildambience" wildambience
Date: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 am ((PDT))
I made an early start this morning, arriving at the Royal National Park
(Sydney, Australia) by 5am. Still dark and quiet, I made my way down Lady
Carrington Drive and soon heard the call of a Powerful Owl (Ninox Strenua). As
I set up my microphones, a Bassian Thrush (Zoothera lunulata) started singing
it's lovely autumn melody and this recording was the result.

Notice in the recording, between 1:30 and 2:10, the owl's call changes. At this
time, another owl, presumably the male, flew from a nearby tree to join it's
mate.

https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/powerful-owl

Marc Anderson
http://wildambience.com