Re: Ultramic on Android tablet

Subject: Re: Ultramic on Android tablet
From: "Pelix" ipelicella
Date: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 am ((PDT))
the solution is much more complex:
using standard USB audio class 1.0 we cannot go beyond 250khz 16bit on most=
 operating systems.
USB audio class 2.0 allow multitracks and higher bit resolution (up to 32 b=
it)
This is not a limitation of the USB class but it's connected to the limitat=
ions of the specific OS.
Completely different are the embedded devices in which the sampling rate se=
ems to follow different guideline. I.e. on some embedded linux ubuntu I cou=
ld reach 300 khz and I hope it's so on Android too since the kernel is the =
same.
On Ultramic I use USB audio class 1.0 and USB full speed that allow up to a=
bout 1 megabytes/s transfer rate.
To use usb audio class 2.0 it's necessary to completely redesign the firmwa=
re inside the microcontroller and it takes a lot of work.
Linux and MacOS can accept directly USB audio 2.0 devices, while win7 need =
specific driver, I don't know about win8.
On multitracks in development phase I'm using an ARM microcontroller with U=
SB HS port and the aim is to implemnt USB 2.0 audio class..  but it's a rea=
l challange.
here more detailed informations:
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs
bye
Ivano

> It is great to have an option for recording high quality audio on android
> devices and also have the chance to use the UltraMic.
> Windows 7/8 appear to support up to 384kHz sampling rate=85 why not think=
ing
> at a new Ultramic384 for both Windows and Android ?
> On Windows, SeaWave is ready to record at 384!
> Gianni
>
> 2013/3/25 Pelix <>
>
> > **
> >

> > Hi all
> >
> > Message for Ultramic users:
> > After an hard work on Ultradroid (and ultrasonic microphone connected t=
> > Android devices) we have discovered that Extreme software audio has
> > developed an application able to directly connect Ultramic200K and
> > Ultramic250K to Android tablet.
> > Moreover the sampling rate is limited by PC operating system, Ultramic =
can
> > reach 500khz sampling rate, in the next days I'll try higher sampling r=
ate
> > on Android.
> > Here the link of Android app:
> >
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=3Dcom.extreamsd.usbaudior=
ecorderpro&feature=3Dsearch_result#?t=3DW251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5leHRyZWFtc2Q=
udXNiYXVkaW9yZWNvcmRlcnBybyJd