5. Re: Is my equipment outdated?

Subject: 5. Re: Is my equipment outdated?
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Mon Mar 4, 2013 3:04 pm ((PST))
Hi Dan!

There are four 10 mm capsules / channel and has been since 1992. When
the DAT recorders came, it was imperative to do something about mic
noise. That is why it's still called "Stereo DATmic".
I am sure that I was not the first one connecting small electrets in
parallel, but I think I was the first one believing my ears, finding
that it works and putting it into production. There was a total
consensus among high end "measuring" people at the time that "you
can't do such a thing."
An early version of the Clip-On's were released in 1995.

I agree that several capsules resembles a big membrane, however it's
better than a big membrane when using PZM designs: The distance
between the capsules punctures the pressure zone and flattens out
some of the worst resonance peaks.

Klas.