Rhode NT-4 Mic (10 years old)

Subject: Rhode NT-4 Mic (10 years old)
software:  Adobe audition

I use a Mac computer now, so I'd like to replace my minidisc recorder
to something that is compatible with a mac for importing the files.
I'd also would prefer built in storage with the option to expand (ie:
SD card slot) but this is not a deal breaker if the built in storage
is enough.

I also need to get some sort of wind sock (I always meant to have one,
but didn't get the chance.).  Need some advice on which one to get.

The types of sounds I'd like to record include: ambient nightime
sounds (crickets, frogs, owls), ocean surf, rain, babbling brooks.  So
a stereo mic is obviously important.  That is why I originally bought
the Rhode NT-4.

Is my mic still relevant for recording CD quality sounds?

My budget is  $500.  I was hoping for a recording device under $250.

Thanks!
Ryan