Re: Just an introduction from a new member.

Subject: Re: Just an introduction from a new member.
From: "sounds.images" sounds.images
Date: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 am ((PST))
HinDavid, many thanks for the welcome, as I tYpe this I am getting ready to=
 go to norther France for a field trip out of my comfort zone and home area=
.
I use the high pass at either 80hz or 120hz and been experimenting but I li=
ve to close to Heathrow really.....

I have been involved with the recording of music. Field recording has a few=
 differences but I am reasonably up to speed on things. Some microphone cho=
ices are what i am carefully researching. Been a lot of fun so far.

--- In  "Avocet"  wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Welcome to field sound recording. You've come to a good place for
> advice and you will find it sometimes contradictory. :-)
>
> > I started sound recording last year to inspire me to find a way back
> > into music making and get back to sound being my main occupation.
> > Things are slow, but I have limited kit for the time being.
>
> What sort of sound recording have you done before? Your kit is fine
> and I would perhaps stick to mono for the time being if you want to
> incorporate it into music. Noise is the main enemy outdoors, so you
> first need to get the hang of minimising that by selecting suitable
> locations, mic placing and luck.

My editor is ok, though again I will improve as time goes by. I will check =
out Audacity and give it a try.. I have a simple music editor at the moment=
.

Some of what I have done is here: www.soundcloud.com/sounds-and-images

I hate over compressed or distorted level recordings thoughts for the net I=
 do up the level a little, steering away from that where I can though.

Regards and thanks.

Simon.