Robust MKH mics

Subject: Robust MKH mics
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm ((PST))
I wrote the other day about the robustness of Sennheiser MKH mics.
Well my mic tent blew over in a high wind and the inside got wet. They
were in blimps with furry covers and the fur was soggy but the MKH-416
mics are still working fine.

I wouldn't expect higher voltage DC bias capacitor capsules to keep
working in these circumstances, and electrets discharge if they get
damp, but my old MKH's (AC bias, low impedance, capsules) are still
working well. I'm going to give them a good dry out before I put them
back in a dry tent for another few months.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce