1. Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66

Subject: 1. Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun Feb 3, 2013 2:17 am ((PST))
In the latest development, the courier relocated the package and decided to
drop it off at my house, despite the order being cancelled. Looks like I was
meant to have a blimp.

Initial comparisons with the previous cover have been inconclusive. I have
discovered that a large proportion of what I thought was wind rumble from the
microphone was actually coming directly from my headphones! I.e I can hear it
even when they aren't even plugged in.

Has anyone else had this problem with MDR7506 headphones in a strong wind? I
haven't had time to experiment further, but I suspect a lot of it will go away
if I cover the little air hole on the back of each earpiece.

I don't hear it anywhere near as loudly with open headphones, and what I hear
from them can more easily be distinguished from the mic signal.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

On 29/01/2013, at 11:03 AM, "vickipowys"