Anyone use the Sony PCM D50?

Subject: Anyone use the Sony PCM D50?
From: "ambient_jungle" ambient_jungle
Date: Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:26 pm ((PST))
So I am looking at maybe buying a Sony PCM D50. I know it's an older model,=
 but from different reviews I have read, I hear it is still one of the clea=
nest sounding recorders on the market with in the $400 to $500 price range.

I primarily like to record natural ambient sounds, whether that is in a cit=
y or far away from people, like in mountains and or forests. At this stage =
of my "hobby" I prefer to use an all in one system. Less gear to carry. I w=
ould consider getting an Olympus LS-100 and have the XLRs there when the ti=
me comes that I want to use external MICs, but I believe that is still some=
ways down the road, and I've read the D50 records better with less low nois=
e than the LS-100. Since many times, my recordings are very low noise of th=
e world around me, it is my hope to eliminate as much system noise as I can=
, from the device itself.

I was wondering if anyone else has used the D50 with the internal mics and =
what your experience have been with that? If you have used it with external=
 mics, how did you have it set up and how was your recordings?